News & Events

The Richard H

The Richard H. Driehaus Prize at the University of Notre Dame complements the School of Architecture’s classical and urbanist curriculum, providing a forum for celebrating and advancing the principles of the traditional city with an emphasis on sustainability.

Learn More


News View All News

Bond Hall Celebrates 100 Years

Arch

The building now known as Bond Hall began as Lemonnier Library, Notre Dame’s first purpose-built library. Rev. Thomas J. Shahan, D.D. blessed and dedicated the Lemonnier library building on Sunday, June 10, 1917, during the University's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Made from Indiana limestone, the two-story, Beaux Arts Classical structure was designed by Architect Edward Lippincott Tilton of New York.