Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr, & Huber Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1
Open Date: 12/15/2017 Close Date: 02/28/2018
An opportunity exists for an energetic Intern Architect with 1+ years of experience to join our team. Qualified candidates must have a professional degree with a goal to start and/or complete the AXP process. They should have strong working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe creative suite and similar graphics software. Strong graphic and verbal communications skills are critical. This position includes the opportunity to get involved with a variety of projects, including higher education, healthcare, municipal, commercial and retail projects.
• Work in a team environment.
• Assist in design and presentation documents.
• Prepare building concept and construction documents.
• Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Some overnight travel may be required.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment, visual acuity to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Bachelor or Master of Architecture Degree from an accredited university.
Desired Job Experience
• Ideal candidate will have intern/co-op experience in developing projects using
Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and graphics software.
• Great design and presentation skills.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, and strong
• Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
• Ability to work well with others under demanding deadline situations.
FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
Materials to Submit: Cover Letter, Resume, and/or Portfolio
Submit Via: http://www.ftch.com/about-us/career-opportunities